(2 - 8) Profess - Team, Meeting, Listening, Nonverbal, Etiquette Skills
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall will I be Successful or wilI I Fall?
"HELLO, BUSINESS PROFESSIONALS. YOU ARE THE EXECUTIVES AND I AM THE MANAGER IN THIS CORPORATION. I HAVE A FEW POINTS I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT AS YOU MEET AND GREET EACH OTHER."
FROM THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD TO THE SOUL OF YOUR FEET PORTRAYS A PICTURE OF YOU TO EVERYONE YOU MEET. FROM THE TIME YOU AWAKE IN THE MORNING UNTIL THE TIME YOU GO TO BED AT NIGHT IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU TO FACE THE WORLD WITH A SMILE AND PORTRAY A VISION OF SUCCESS. DO YOU COMB YOUR HAIR DAILY? BRUSH YOUR TEETH? IRON YOUR CLOTHES? PUT ON DEODORANT? ARE YOU DRESSED FOR SUCCESS OR DO YOU JUST THROW ON ANY OLD THING BECAUSE PEOPLE NEED TO ACCEPT YOU LIKE YOU ARE?
Well, I have a rude awakening for you. Since all of you profess to want to be a successful business person, Whether you want to be an accountant, manager, entrepreneur, etc. your success starts with how you look and potray yourself to others. Before you ever open your mouth Corporate America will judge you by the way you look. So why not start now?Dress for Success Every Day. Put your best foot forward everyday in all that you do. Every step you make should be made with pride, knowing that you are on a journey to success.
The purpose of this Work Task is to enable you to learn how to improve the communication skills Corporate America is requiring in today's economy and how to enhance your critical thinking ability.
You are answer the questions below. Be thorough and precise. Remember, "TIME IS MONEY" in a business. Make complete sentences, with sentence verb agreement and correct punctuation. Your assignment should be typed in Ms word
YOUR WORK TASK - Questions & Answers
1. Define skills. What are the Communication Skills focused on in this Chapter required by modern day employers?
2. List the eight ways this course can help you build your Communication Skills a stated in your textbook.
3. Why do fewer layers of management mean greater communication challenges for frontline workers?
4. As business professionals, you will be face with Problem Solving,Critical Thinking, and Decision Making. List the five steps you should use when analyzing and solving problems.
5. Who are knowlege workers and how do they impact competition in the the work force?
Your assignment must be typed in MS Word;
You are on your way!!