PSY101: Week 2 Assignment Page 1
© 2014 Fortis Online
Piaget’s Four Stages of Cognitive Development
This assignment supports the following objective(s):
• Explain milestones in the course of human cognitive development.
For this week’s assignment, you will use a scenario to explain Piaget's four stages of cognitive development.
• One Word document (approximately 250 words)
• Name the document using the proper file naming convention: PSY101_wk2_assn_jsmith_mmddyyyy
Scenario: You are going to make cookies with the help of four children. Charlie is 2 years old, Penelope is 6, Isabelle is 9, and Brian is 11.
1. According to Piaget’s four stages of cognitive development, identify the developmental stage of each child in the above scenario.
2. Then, in your own words explain each developmental stage identified in #1.
3. Based upon Paiget’s four stages of cognitive development, describe how each child will assist in making cookies. For instance, will one child be able to assist in pouring flour into a bowl, whereas another child will simply play with the flour?
Rubric: See assignment rubric for grading details.
Gradable items in assignment
Accurately identifies the developmental stage of each child according to Piaget
Provides an accurate explanation of each development stage according to Piaget
Spelling and grammar