an annotated bibliography
|Question # 40467||Writing||11 months ago|
X. DIRECTIONS FOR ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPY PROJECT
1. Students will choose FOUR topics from the following research list below:
Askia Muhammad, The Middle Passage, John Newton, Phillis Wheatley, Benjamin Banneker, Crispus Attucks, Toussaint L’Ouverture, The Haitian Revolution for Independence, David Walker, Richard Allen, Paul Cuffe, The America Colonization Society, Nat Turner, Harriet Tubman, The Underground Railroad, Sojourner Truth, William Lloyd Garrison, The Anti-Slavery/Abolitionist Movement, Frederick Douglass, The Dred Scott Decision, Jim Crow and Segregation, Maria W. Stewart, Harriet Beecher Stowe, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings, Martin R. Delany, Henry Highland Garnet, The Amistad Mutiny, John Q. Adams and the Amistad Case, The Lincoln-Douglas Debates, John Brown’s Raid, The Emancipation Proclamation, The 54th Massachusetts Regiment, Lincoln and Slavery, Reconstruction, Sharecropping, Ida B. Wells, and Booker T. Washington.
2. Find two articles for eachtopic chosen. In one large paragraph, take topic #1 and (a) summarize each of the two articles; (b) compare the two articles to each other; and (3) give a personal statement as to why this topic is important to African American history and culture in your eyes.
Do the same for topics #2--#4 in three additional large paragraphs.
3. Minimum size for each of the four paragraphs is one full half page, single-spaced.
4. The articles you select are to come from professional/scholarly journals and periodicalsonly – notpopular magazines and newspapers.
5. You are required to use the APA formatfor this project.
( Be sure to refer to the APA citation instructions available in reference books, Google or other Internet sites.)
6. Paper must be single-spaced, typed and stapled. Use no larger than a 12 font.
7. Donot attach a cover page: in one line at top of first page, give your name, my name, course number and date.
8. 100 points possible/maximum in most cases.
9. No late papers will accepted under any circumstances.