Article critique and summary
|Question # 40603||Writing||2 months ago|
I needed a summary and critique of an economic article 5 pages double spaced
i will send you more details
The rubric is as follows:
Your essays should begin with a brief introductory paragraph that previews the argument you are
going to be making. Then, you should briefly summarize the article you are discussing, in no
more than a few paragraphs. Don’t review everything in the article, just the important parts.
The bulk of the essay should be devoted to your critique. Here, are you are going to take a stand
on whether or not the paper was successful. You must offer your opinion and supporting
evidence from the text. Here are a few questions to keep in mind when formulating your
- Is the paper internally coherent? In other words, does its logic flow within its own
framework and set of assumptions?
- Is the economic model the author uses appropriate?
- Does the author offer compelling evidence in support of the paper’s argument?
- Does the author interpret his or her results correctly? Are there other plausible
interpretations that the author has overlooked?
- Can you think of additional ways to approach the key question or problem in the paper?