Ten page paper
|Question # 40650||Writing||6 months ago|
In a ten-page paper (not including the title and reference pages) research and discuss the SEC’s company filings requirements. In your paper:
● Describe how investors can use the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) EDGAR database (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to quickly research a company’s financial information filed on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
● Identify the differences between the Annual Report send to shareholders and the Annual Report on Form 10-K, which must be filed with the SEC.
● Describe the contents of:
○ Form 10-K SEC filings
○ Management Discussion and Analysis
○ Auditors’ Report
○ Selected Financial Data
● Discuss how the SEC”s requirement for domestic and foreign companies using US GAAP to provide their financial statements in the XBRL format can improve financial reporting?
● Most publicly traded companies are examined by numerous analysts. Find analysts’ ratings about a company of your choice by visiting biz.yahoo.com/I. Provide a comparison over time and across companies in the same industry by answering the following questions:
○ How many analysts rated the company?
○ What percentage rated it a strong buy?
○ What was the average rating for the week?
○ Did the average rating improve or decline relative to the previous week?
It must include at least six scholarly sources.