1000 word will be okay
|Question # 40948||Writing||3 years ago|
pharmacy workflow is the process of what the project consist of. I just need it organized and written for about 1000 words.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you describe a project you have managed personally or professionally. Examples may include a trip you planned, a new product or service developed for your employer, a staff reorganization, and so on.
Develop a project overview that addresses the following questions.
· What were the mission and objectives of the project?
- Faith in Practice seeks to improve the physical, spiritual, and economic conditions of the poor in Guatemala through integrated surgical, medical, and dental mission trips, and health-related educational programs. The mission trip that I helped coordinate was the for orthopedic surgery. I was in charge of the pharmacy aspect for the trip.
· What were the high-level tasks or scope of the project?
- I had to order all the medications that were needed for the trip.
- Submit all medications descriptions and expiration dates to custom
- Setup the pharmacy and prepare all medications that are needed for the week.
- Compound antibiotics
- Compound cocktail meds for surgery
- Admixture IVs
- Prepare medications for the patients stay in the hospital
- Pack discharge meds
- Oversee narcotic use
- Manage inventory and prepare for the next trip
· How was the need for the project identified?
- The organization host clinics and goes to villages and seek out people that are in need of surgery and refer them to teams. We also have Guatemalan volunteers that bring patients to our clinics.
· What was the cost, and how was it funded?
- The cost for volunteers is an estimated $1600 which includes a week stay at a resort, transportation, meals, volunteer application and flight.
- The medications are donated through our partner hospital, this trip meds cost about $15,000.
· What was the timeline?
- One week stay, Saturday to Saturday. Surgery is 4 days, Monday thru Thursday.
· Who were the parties involved in the project, and what were the roles of each party (team) member?
- 10 surgeons
- 4 surgeons did knee replacements
- 2 surgeons did hip replacements
- 2 surgeons worked on trauma cases
- 2 surgeons did foot and ankle cases
· 6 Anesthesiologist, 1 per room and a floater
· 5 circulating nurses for each operating room. 1 nurse per room
· 5 scrub techs for each operating room, 1 tech per room
· 4 recovery nurses
· 1 pharmacist
· Team coordinator and co-coordinator
· 1 Pastor
· 3 implant representatives
· 1 cook
· What steps did you establish to ensure the project was a success?
- Check in with team members
· How did you measure the success of your project?
- All supplies and medications were working and available. Completed 72 surgeries with no issues or problems of needing anything.
· Overall, how did project management help to make this project a success?
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.