|Question # 41027||English||2 months ago|
· You are required to write a research paper about a specific issue related to international organizations.
· The paper must be your original work. It should have not been previously used in any class or for any purpose.
· Some Recommended Topics
§ global/regional poverty and inequality,
§ human migration and trafficking,
§ global/regional trade, economic warfare,
§ nuclear energy/conflict,
§ sustainable development, population issues,
§ food security,
§ resource scarcity,
§ terrorism, etc
o While you are free to select your own research paper topic, I would recommend that you contact me to make sure that your topic is relevant.
· International Perspective
§ Your paper should have an international perspective, involving more than one country. It should analyze an issue involving one or several international organizations operating in more than one country.
§ NOTE: While all topics are broad, your research paper analysis should be specific. For example, if you select human migration and/or trafficking, your paper should analyze specific cases involving migration/trafficking (case studies), which may include specific regions, time-frame, and/or other specific factors.
Research Paper Structure
· The paper should follow a traditional essay structure, comprising introduction, body, and conclusion paragraphs.
· It must have an introductory paragraph in which the last sentence should be a very specific thesis statement, outlining the main subtopics that will be discussed throughout the paper.
· Also, each body paragraph should clearly state a secondary thesis statement that follows from the main thesis statement of the paper.
· Finally, the concluding paragraphs must discuss your findings and incorporate your critical thinking explanation of the issue.
Research Paper Format
· The research paper should be no less than 2000 words (about eight double-spaced pages), excluding the title, abstract, and reference pages, in Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, with 1-inch margins, and no extra spacing or use of bold.
· You are required to use at least ten sources for your research paper. The course textbook will not count as a source of information, and you should not use it as such.
§ At least five (5) of the sources should be peer-reviewed academic articles.
· You are required to use the APA writing style throughout the paper.