PSYC20038 Positive Psychology: Research Methods (2020)
Assessment 2: Essay - Developing Research Questions
Drawing on the three articles selected for Assessment 1, in Assessment 2 you will explore
and summarise the key ‘gaps’ in the literature that could be addressed by further research.
This should not be a repetition of the limitations or future directions the article authors identify
themselves. Rather, this summary should represent a cohesive consideration of all three
articles, and what these articles reveal about future research options or needs. You may
include additional articles that support/guide your comments, but this is not a compulsory
Your submission will include:
• Detailing the area of interest. This will be a brief summary of your chosen research
interest (adapted and refined from Assessment 1), that will form the basis of your
• An analysis and critique of the ‘gaps’ in the literature that could be further explored in
research, and why this suggested future research would be worthwhile. The three
articles used for Assessment 1 should be considered together and included as the basis
for the written work. (The gaps you identify when integrating the knowledge from your
three chosen articles should lead you to detecting new research ideas that could be
investigated in the future).
• Formulation of at least one future research question, using the guiding principles
covered in the Unit Moodle content in relation to the PICO (Population,
Intervention/Exposure, Comparison, and Outcomes) style framework. The key elements
of the research question should be clearly identified.
• Inclusion of in-text citations, and a reference list (in APA style).
The maximum word count for this assessment task is 900 words
Using a marking rubric, you will be assessed on:
• Critical analysis and reporting of gaps/areas for further research in the chosen literature.
• Rationale as to why the identified future research would be of benefit.
• Development of a meaningful research question/s using the principles explored in the
unit content, which identifies the key elements of Population, Intervention/Exposure,
Comparison, and Outcomes, as outlined in the PICO style framework.
• The quality and conciseness of written communication and arguments, and adherence
to the word-limit.
• Correct adherence to APA referencing style for in-text citations and the reference list.
Assessment criteria and marking rubric for this assessment are shown on the following page.
In order to pass the unit, you will need to score at least 50% in this assessment.
Assessment Marking Rubric & Feedback sheet for Assessment 2 is in attached pdf.. So complete details are in attached pdf file. i need A++ quality work please take care of this assginment