The goals of this assignment are:
• to get you started organizing your reading well in advance of the due date
• to help you improve the amount of information you get out of skimming a text
You should create a rough outline of the book you are going to read. You should NOT read the book before creating this outline. You should skim it; this includes carefully reading the table of contents, leafing through the book and noting what catches your attention, reading section headings and other bolded text, and examining any images including captions. What kind of skimming works best will be unique to you, so you should also think about how you can find out as quickly as possible what this book is about. You will probably need to read excerpts from the book, such as the first and last paragraph of each chapter. If it helps, imagine you are considering purchasing this book. What would you need to find out before deciding if it is worth purchasing? (You have probably already considered some of these issues when you decided between the two books available for this class.)
Your outline should be hierarchical and should list the information in the book in the order in which it appears. It is fine if the top one or two levels of your outline look like the table of contents, but the majority of the outline should be your own words.
Finally, write a list of at least eight questions you have that you expect will be answered by the book. For instance, unless your outline clearly answers this question, I'd expect to see "What is an algorithm of oppression?" on your list if you are reading Noble's book.
What you will not be graded on:
• Capturing every main point of the book
• Complete sentences
What you will be graded on:
• Capturing many of the main points of the book
• Writing clearly enough that I can understand what you're saying
• Relevance of the questions on your list
• The question list and outline together should clearly demonstrate that you have learned what the book is about.
• Satisfying the assignment requirements as described above
Book name: Algorithms of Oppression by Safiya Noble
book link is below you can download book from below link.