Instructions & target behavior
· Summarize the study using the criteria for the assignment.
· Target behavior for study will be attention from negative reinforcement.
Article Summary Practice
In the Unit 10 assignment, you will evaluate a target behavior of interest to you. You will research and evaluate the methodologies used to define the behavior, the ways in which that behavior is measured in the field, and the treatment methodologies and experimental designs utilized to treat that behavior. You must synthesize the findings of at least five recent journal articles in your work.
For this discussion, write and submit a statement describing the behavior you intend to research. Your instructor will review your statement and either approve your selected topic or consult with you to help you select another.
You must describe a target behavior that has a foundation of research in ABA SSD. Be sure to select a topic that has a foundation of research sufficient to provide you with a minimum of five recent journal articles in the assignment in Unit 10.
Then, search through the ABA literature and locate one study that is on your chosen topic for the Unit 10 assignment. Summarize the study using the criteria for the assignment.
- Describe subjects and settings.
- Describe the design and discuss internal, external, and social validity.
- Describe the treatments and identify strengths and limitations of the treatments.
- Provide an overall conclusion and discuss potential areas for future research.
- Provide a visual analysis of the results of the graph, utilizing the terms trend, variability, stability, and level.