Finance in Business Activity
Note: Watch the Excel tutorial videos linked in this week to learn how to use Excel before attempting the activity. You can use the template provided or you may create your own template based on the one provided.
Complete the following scenario using the templates provided:
- Select one U.S. publicly traded company and review its most recent annual report. (You may use one of the three companies you selected for your Stock Journal assignment.)
- Use the Week 8 Finance in Business Excel Template [XLSX] provided to report assets, liabilities, equity, revenue, and net income for your selected company.
- Note: There are locked cells in the Excel template. The cells have been locked to prevent the formulas from being disturbed. The cells that you will need to use to complete this assignment are not locked. You may create your own templates, however it is recommended that you use the templates provided.
- Determine changes in assets, liabilities, and equity.
- Determine changes in total revenue and net income.
- Describe the changes from the current and prior years in each of these key areas and whether the changes would be positive or negative from an investor/stockholder's view.
- Go to the Strayer library search page to locate and incorporate at least two quality sources into this assignment.
- Submit two documents for your Annual Report activity submission by uploading both documents at the same time in the submission area:
Note: This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.