Stock Journal Assignment
This week, you will find out if you have made money on your original (pretend) investments or if you will need to find a side job to recoup your losses.
This is the last of the three stock journal assignments you will complete during this course. For this assignment, you will add your work for Week 10 to your previous work from Weeks 3 and 8, following the instructions below. Two templates have been provided for your use.
- The Weeks 3, 8, and 10 Stock Journal Project Excel Template 1 [XLSX] you began in Week 3 is where you will enter your chosen companies, the share prices, and the number of shares you will be purchasing given your budget of $25K.
- Note: The above Excel template has been provided for your use for the stock journal assignment. You will notice that there are directions for your work in Weeks 3, 8, and 10. When submitting your assignment for each week, you may use the provided Excel template above, your own Excel template that you create or a Word document that you create as long as it communicates the requested information.
- Note: There are locked cells in the Excel template. The cells have been locked to prevent the formulas from being disturbed. The cells that you will need to use to complete this assignment are not locked. You may create your own templates, however it is recommended that you use the templates provided.
- The Weeks 3, 8, and 10 Stock Journal Writing Assignment Template [DOC] you began in Week 3 is where you will write your rationale/summary.
Download both templates. Then, complete, save, and upload both templates at the same time to Blackboard when submitting your work.
Note: Watch the Excel tutorial videos to learn how to use Excel before attempting the assignment. You can use the template provided or you may create your own template based on the one provided.
For Week 10, review your investment for the last time and complete the following:
- Record the current price of the stock for each company you selected in Week 3's Stock Journal.
- You may use any price during this week (for example, day one price, the opening, the low, the high, the close, or any price you find when you check it during the day). Use the MS Excel spreadsheet or MS Word document to put your Week 10 stock prices side by side, so that you can compare them with Weeks 3 and 8.
- Determine the total value of your investment.
- Provide your final opinion or assessment of your investments and type your opinion or assessment into your Word document template.
- Consider the following questions as you provide your assessment:
- Did you make money or lose money?
- What were your results?
- Based on hindsight, what you would do differently?
- Discuss what you learned from this assignment and how this assignment could help you in the future. Include this information in your Word document template as well.
- Go to the Strayer library search page to locate and incorporate at least two quality sources into this assignment.
- Submit two documents for your journal assignment submission by uploading both documents at the same time to the assignment submission area. Note that you will update your template in Weeks 3, 8, and 10. Save the template after you have entered your figures so that your selected stocks growth or decline can be tracked.
- Completed Excel template with Week 3, 8, and 10 complete.
- Completed Word document template with your rationale with Week 3, 8, and 10 complete.
Note: This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The course outcome associated with this assignment is:
For help with this homework assignment, please view the video and images below: