1. The CNN commentator shares the views of some in the creative community fear that decisions like the one handed down on the Blurred Lines case will stifle creativity. Do you agree? Why or why not?
2. In your opinion, did Avril Levine infringe on the Rubinos copyright? Why or why not?
3. In your opinion, did Sam Smith infringe on Tom Petty's copyright? Why or why not?
4. In your opinion, does your opinion matter in these types of cases?
5. Reply to another student's response.
WORD COUNT: 50 WORD MINIMUM
Be sure to reply to another!
REMEMBER: You are not sending out a text message or tweet, so when writing your post, use proper English, grammar and writing mechanics. Make sure you include what you think about the respective section you are discussing.
Use the "Reply" icon to start your discussion. Once you type and spell-check your thread, use the "Post Reply" icon to submit your thoughts. Use can also review the Canvas video (Links to an external site.)on posting discussions.
You must create a thread in order to view other threads in this forum.
You will post to the forum by providing some background information followed up by your thoughts and opinions on the respective topic. It must be substantive and thoughtful dialogue. When appropriate, use outside sources such as the news, Internet, popular media, your textbook, journal articles, etc…to assist you here. Make sure to cite your work if applicable
This section must be at least 50 words minimum. Be sure to include headings of the question being asked, followed by your response.