PSYC20042 Assessment 1:[ 2000 words]
|Question # 44517||Writing||2 years ago|
Assessment 1: Curate wellbeing articles, videos, and websites into a curating platform
Assessment weighting: 35% of your final grade.
In Assessment 1, you are required to follow a series of steps that will provide the framework and content for the Assessment 2 task, which is to develop an online positive psychology, wellbeing and resilience blog.
For Assessment 1, you will:
1. Choose at least 10 topics from a list of wellbeing topics (please see below).
2. Pertaining to the 10 chosen topics from the list, source and collate a collection of peer- reviewed research articles, quality relevant websites, research-oriented summary media articles, and videos.
3. Reference each resource using APA style.
4. For five topic areas, summarise, analyse and evaluate the collected resources (400 words +/- 10% per topic area).
Sourcing and collating resources
For all 10 topics chosen, resources should include, where available, a review article (e.g., systematic review, narrative review) from a peer-reviewed journal. However, all collected resources (e.g., websites, videos) should be underpinned by peer-reviewed research.
It is expected or each topic area, students collect a minimum of 4 resources. This means that you will have a minimum of 40 curated items.
Topic area resources collected must have a primary focus on positive psychology and/or wellbeing and resilience. Where feasible, resources should be a mix of age-appropriateness (e.g., children, teenagers, adults, older adults). Your chosen resources should also cover psychological, physiological/physical, and environmental approaches to wellbeing/resilience.
Each topic area must include at least one wellbeing intervention/wellbeing practice.
1. Wellbeing/resilience approaches to working through depression and/or anxiety
2. Exercise and wellbeing
3. Nutrition and wellbeing
4. Mind-body wellness
5. Positive Education
6. Ageing and wellbeing
7. Families and wellbeing
9. Animals and wellness/animal therapy for humans
10. Building social support/social connections
12. Spirituality, meaning, and purpose
13. Stress reduction for wellbeing and resilience
14. Complementary and alternative medicine
15. Building wellbeing, resilience, and coping skills
16. Enhancing creativity
17. Better sleep
18. Work and wellbeing
19. The built environment and wellbeing
20. Creative arts and wellbeing
21. The benefits of social support
22. Effects of green-space on wellbeing
23. Meditation and/or mindfulness
24. Intellectual development (can include curiosity)
25. Physical therapies and practices known to enhance wellbeing
26. Other. If you wish to add a related topic(s) not listed above, you can include two replacement
topics. It is recommended that you speak with your Unit Coordinator regarding the
suitability of the topic.
Hence, you will either have, as a minimum:
Option 1: 10 topics (from the list above) x 4-items
Option 2: 8 topics (from the list above) x 4-items, plus, 2 extra topics not listed above x 4-items.
The more consideration and effort you put into this assignment, the better prepared you will be for
Summarising and evaluating resources
For five of your topic areas, examine in 400 (+/- 10%) words per topic area:
• what the collected research can tell us about the wellbeing area
• the links between psychological, physiological, and environmental health approaches to understanding wellbeing and/or resilience in the topic area
• the wellbeing intervention or practice, including the reasons it was chosen and its evidence base
An important part of this summary and evaluation is to provide some critique of the resources, such as gaps or unanswered questions posed by the research; methodological strengths and weaknesses of the collected materials; and what we may need to consider when using the intervention collected.
Further in-depth instructions for this assessment piece are available on the Moodle site.
Students will be assessed on:
• Quality, appropriateness, and diversity of resources collected on positive psychology and wellbeing and resilience.
• Integration of psychological, physiological, and environmental health approaches for each topic area.
• Evaluation of resources and wellbeing interventions/wellbeing practices supported by empirical evidence.
• Adherence to word count.
Maximum word count for the analysis and evaluation of five topic areas: 2000 words (+/- 10%). This word limit includes in-text citations but excludes any reference section. Meeting the word count is included as a part of the marking criteria in your marking rubric on Moodle. See the Psychology
Word Count Information document on Moodle for a rationale for using this type of word limit restriction.
In order to pass the unit, you will need to score at least 50% in this assessment.
see pdf file for rubric and follow HD column i need high quality work, because tutor is too much strict.. i need full marks please take care extra.