Imagine you work at a company and it is time for an employee named Jim's annual review. While he was a model employee the first nine months of the year, recently Jim has been coming in late. It has not been just a few minutes each day, either. It is starting to cause problems in the production line. In this assignment, write a summary of how you would approach your conversation with Jim. How will you address his recent performance issues while still praising him for his previous nine months of good work? Your goal is to balance negative and positive feedback so that Jim will leave motivated to do his best. This assignment should focus on your goals for the conversation and which employee relations approaches you will use to address the situation.
You will create and submit your assignment by using the ecree link. Just click on the link, and start writing. Your work will be saved automatically. You'll see some feedback on the right-hand side of the screen, including text and videos to help guide you in the writing process. When you're ready, you can turn in your assignment by clicking Submit at the bottom of the page.
Click the assignment link to start your assignment in ecree. Please note that ecree works best in Firefox and Chrome.
Write a 5–7 paragraph paper in which you:
- Explain how you will address Jim's recent performance issues.
- Suggest both constructive and positive feedback designed so that Jim will leave motivated to do his best.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
- Include at least one reference to support your paper.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recommend a plan for addressing performance issues in an annual review that includes motivational feedback.
Watch the video below to learn more about how to complete your assignment in the Ecree platform.
You can also see the "Help from Dr. Tillman" link on the left menu for additional helpful assignment information.