Please follow the link below to access the article. Let me know if you can do this.
Objective: Discuss how Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs can be applied in your work with children.
Read the article called “Applying Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs In Our Classrooms” by Dr. Tony Kline. This article can be accessed from the following website:
- For each of Maslow’s five needs, identify one specific strategy you can implement to meet the needs of the children with whom you will be working when you graduate. Dr. Kline has listed some strategies in his article, so be sure you list different strategies. (Listing the same strategies will result in a loss of marks.)
- For each of the strategies you identify, discuss how easy or challenging you think it will be to implement. Do you see any potential barriers that might prevent you from putting those strategies in place?
Thus, your initial post should contain 5 unique strategies (one for each of Maslow’s needs) and a brief discussion on potential barriers for each strategy.
3. After you have posted your own responses to the questions above, read and respond to at least two of your peers’ posts.
● How did their strategies differ from yours? Were any of them similar?
● Have you tried any of the strategies they suggested? Did you have success with them?
● Reflect on the potential barriers they identified. Do you agree with them? Do you see any other potential barriers that weren’t discussed? If so, do you have suggestions for how to overcome those barriers?