|Question # 45075||Writing||1 year ago|
To satisfy the requirements for this assignment, complete the following 5 steps:
1. Watch the toddler video file which can be found with the assignment instructions.
2. As you watch the video, you will make observations on a number of children/groups of children involved in a variety of activities. Record what you see, giving special attention to the following information:
a. Children’s physical characteristics and abilities
b. Children’s language abilities
c. Children’s cognitive abilities
d. Children’s social and emotional abilities
3. Analyze your observation notes in order to identify the specific cognitive, physical, social/emotional and language development of the children you observed.
a. In the “Identify Skills Present” column, list the specific skill(s) in each domain that you observed. You should list at least one skill for each domain.
b. In the “Indicators of These Skills” column, describe what you saw that led you to believe that the child is able to demonstrate the skills that you identified. Please don’t copy and paste what is included in the ELECT document in this column as those are only examples of what you might see from a child of this age. The indicators you include here must be specific to the child you observed.
c. In the “Anticipated next steps” column, discuss what specific activities or opportunities you could present to the child to promote their development in that domain and in that specific skill you identified. “Next steps” suggests that we’re looking for ways to bring their skills to the next level rather than keep them where they already are, so what can you do to challenge them?
4. Use the ELECT document to help you complete the Toddler Developmental Template. (The ELECT document and the template are attached to the Assignment instructions.) See below for an example.
5. Submit the assignment in the designated area on Brightspace.
Child #1 (girl)
Developmental Identify Skills Present Indicators of These Skills Anticipated ‘next steps’ for this particular toddler-
Domain What are activities/opportunities
you would offer to support them?
Language Development 3.2 Expressive As the child leaves the Provide her with a narrative of her
Language - words water table, she says “I actions (“I see you’re using the red
markers,” indicating her marker”) and ask open-ended
plan to play at the art table. questions (“Can you talk to me about what you’re drawing?”)