Week 4 discussion [250 words + response to other 2 student]
|Question # 45077||Writing||1 year ago|
W4: Common Network Security Exploits
Below is a list of common security exploits and attacks. Review the list
1. Replay Attacks
2. Insertion Attacks
3. Fragmentation Attacks
4. Buffer Overflow Attacks
5. XSS Attacks
6. Man-in-the-Middle Attacks
7. Hijacking Attacks
8. Spoofing Attacks
9. Covert Channels
12. Botnet Attacks
13. Social Engineering Attacks
Decide which attack you
consider to be the worst kind.
- List the attack's name you selected.
- Explain your reasons for determining this to be the worst kind of attack.
- Locate an incident in which the attack was used to exploit an organization.
- List the URL and describe the attack.
- Provide the outcome, was the attack successful or foiled.
- What steps were taken (or should be taken) to circumvent this type of attack from happening again?