PSYC20037: Assessment 2 [supplementary assessment]
|Question # 45126||Writing||1 year ago|
Today is Certification of Grades for Term 1 Units.
I am pleased to let you know that I can now formally offer you a supplementary assessment to complete for PSYC20037.
In order to pass this unit, you need to submit an assessment piece in place of Assessment 2 - the written essay on wellbeing. (This is the Assessment you didn’t pass earlier in term).
You have 2 weeks to complete this task, so you must submit this supplementary assessment by 9am (QLD time) on Friday 23rd July.
Your task is as follows:
You will write a 2000 word essay (+/- 10%) using a theory of wellbeing to examine wellbeing issues faced in an applied setting (e.g., workplace, school), and strategies that can be used to improve and build wellbeing in that setting.
*The applied setting you choose must be different to what you wrote about when you submitted the original assessment piece.
The essay should focus on integrating wellbeing theory and research from the published literature and how this could be usefully applied in a practical setting into strategies to improve wellbeing.
· Choose a NEW applied setting (e.g., a workplace, school, residential aged care, hospital). You may alternatively choose a specific population group (e.g., new parents; people with a particular chronic illness; teenagers; etc). Ensuring you keep this specific will help give focus to your essay.
· Research and summarise the wellbeing considerations faced in the chosen setting (e.g., what are the wellbeing issues faced by people living in a residential aged-care setting? e.g., meaninglessness, loneliness etc)
· Describe how the theoretical perspectives in Seligman’s PERMA model OR Ryff’s Psychological Wellbeing model can help explain the wellbeing issues identified in the applied setting. (e.g., if meaninglessness is a concern in aged-care settings, highlight a positive psychology theoretical perspective that discusses the importance of meaning to an individual’s wellbeing)
· Examine how researchers have previously attempted to influence (i.e., increase, improve, build, enhance) wellbeing in the chosen setting, including what was done and what was found, and strengths and weaknesses of these intervention/prevention attempts. (peer-reviewed journal articles should be used).
In a logical, well-integrated essay (using APA style referencing and headings) you will identify (with well-reasoned justification based on theory) and explore in detail the ways in which wellbeing can be influenced within a practical setting. It is important to note here that you are expected to critically apply psychological concepts and constructs within a specific practical context, not just write an essay about positive psychology concepts more generally.
You will be assessed on:
· Introduction (introduce the wellbeing context/setting and outline what will be covered in the essay)
· Discussion of wellbeing issues faced within an applied setting
· Rationale for chosen theory of wellbeing and relevant application to the applied setting
· Evaluation of ways to improve wellbeing in the applied setting
· Conclusion (summing up of essay, and implications and recommendations for future work)
· The quality, clarity, and conciseness of written communication, including adherence to the word-limit
· Correct adherence to APA referencing style for in-text citations and the reference list.
The rubric I will be marking your assessment on is the same one as was used for Assessment 2 (see attached).
When preparing your essay, be mindful to take on board my comments on your original piece.
Due date: 9am QLD time on Friday 23rd July. Since this is a supplementary assessment, the maximum grade you can receive for the unit overall is a Pass.
A submission portal will be made available on the Moodle site soon for you to submit this supplementary assessment.
If you have any questions regarding this Supplementary Assessment, please don’t hesitate to contact me. If you’d like to chat with me, do let me know, and I will give you a call.
Attached is the marking rubric please follow this strictly
HD column. I need a+ grade in this.