Subject Code WS5517
ASSESSMENT ITEM 2: CRITICALLY REFLECTIVE ESSAY BASED ON CAREER CLARITY QUESTIONNAIRE.
ASSESSMENT ITEM 2: DESCRIPTION
The first step of this assessment is to complete the Career Clarity Questionnaire will be available for completion online in the
LearnJCU site in the “Assessment” folder. Once completed, write a 1700 word essay critically reflecting on the findings in the
light of your experience and learning in social work to date. Your essay must first critically analyse your understanding of
social work as a profession (e.g., history, values, ethics, professional challenges, and core theoretical frameworks) and then
consider further development as a social worker over the semester (e.g., areas of growth, critical skill development, and
developing ethical knowledge).
Your critical reflection must address the following areas and questions:
• Document and critically analyse your understanding of social work as a profession including a critical analysis of the
importance of an anti-oppressive approach in informing practice in the current Australian context.
• What insights have you gained from the Career Clarity Questionnaire about your current skill level relevant to your
employability in and suitability for the Social Work and Human Services industry, including but not limited to your level of
• Critically reflect on your personal values and analyse how they contribute to and align with your understanding of
professional ethics and your aspirations as a social worker
• What areas have you identified in the sections above that require ongoing development to cement your suitability
for the profession?
Page 11 of 25
• What actions can you take to further improve your skills, knowledge and understanding of social work practice in
the remainder of the semester or during placement?
Throughout your essay you are expected to make reference to and links with the subject readings, your Career Clarity
Questionnaire and your participation/interaction during the workshop to clarify your arguments and to support your
Please read instructions carefully, i need really high quality work. please follow rubric
Outstanding (80 – 100%)
for complete details check attached file. i will provide you uni login id pass