Isolationism and internationalism policy ideologies
|Question # 45431||Political Science||2 years ago|
Subject: Political science
Project Type: Essay
# of pages 4 pages (1000 words)Topic: “Choose an international conflict from the past and examine this conflict using a theoretical lens we have covered in this course. Discuss the limitations of your chosen theoretical approach using an alternative theoretical lens. One theory must be a ‘traditional’ theory (i.e. realism or liberalism) and the other theory discussed must be a critical theory (i.e. Marxism, feminism or postcolonialism). ”
The essay should:
* 1. utilise key concepts to highlight how proponents of your selected theory make sense of the international system.
* 2. identify core assumptions made about the nature of international relations from that perspective.
* 3. explain how these key concepts and core assumptions lead to particular ways to view the world.
* 4. indicate limitations inherent to your selected international relations theory.
- Explaining World War I using a realist lens, and alternative lens of feminism
- WWII using a Marxist lens, and an alternative lens of realism
- Cold War using a Marxist lens, and an alternative lens of liberalism
- Bosnia using a feminist lens, with a realist counter-argument