DEME20002 – Supporting and caring for people with Dementia
Length: 1000 words
Learning Outcomes Assessed
1. Analyse the diverse presentations of people with dementia and the impact this may have on their care.
2. Demonstrate the comprehensive assessment of people at risk of or experiencing dementia.
The aim of this portfolio is for you to demonstrate your ability to appropriately assess the diverse presentations of people with dementia using a comprehensive assessment tool.
There are three parts to this portfolio.
Part one: Select two case studies located on Moodle and describe the presentation of the two people with dementia.
Part two: Explain how diverse presentations of people with dementia may impact the care delivered to them by health professionals.
Part three: Describe and justify your comprehensive assessment of the people in the two case studies selected. This assessment must include physiological, psychosocial, and cognitive assessment.
Ensure each part of the e-portfolio is substantiated with peer-reviewed literature.
Literature and references
The number of references you should use is not limited. You should consider using references when you have used material from another source .You may also use seminal scholarly literature where relevant. Additional suitable references include textbooks and credible websites. When sourcing information, consider the 5 elements of a quality reference: currency, authority, relevance, objectivity, and coverage. Grey literature sourced from the internet must be from reputable websites such as from government, university, or peak national bodies: for example, the Australian College of Nursing.
1. Use a conventional and legible size 12 font, such as Times New Roman or Arial, with 2.0 line spacing and 2.54cm page margins (standard pre-set margin in Microsoft Word).
2. You should write in the third person.
3. Use formal academic language.
4. Use the seventh edition American Psychological Association (APA) referencing style. The CQUniversity Academic Learning Centre has an online APA Referencing Style Guide.
5. The word count is considered from the first word of the introduction to the last word of the conclusion. The word count excludes the reference list but includes in-text references and direct quotations.
6. You can use unit provided materials and other credible sources (e.g. journal articles, books) to reference your argument. The quality and credibility of your sources are important.
7. We recommend that you access your discipline specific library guide: the Nursing and Midwifery Guide; Social Work and Community Services Guide.
8. We recommend you use EndNote to manage your citations and reference list. More information on how to use EndNote is available at the CQUniversity Library website.
9. For information on academic communication please go to the Academic Learning Centre Moodle site. The Academic Communication section has many helpful resources including information for students with English as a second language.
10. Submit a draft before the due date to review your Turnitin Similarity Score before making a final submission. Instructions are available here.
Submit your assessment via the unit Moodle site, in the Assessment portal in Microsoft Word format only.
Refer to the marking rubric on the Moodle site for more detail on how marks will be assigned.