Many of you may believe that you have never worked in project management, but in reality, most of you already have at some point in your life. Think back to a time when you organized a key event (for example, birthday parties, weddings, yard projects, house renovations, family vacations, projects at work) that meets the definition of a project (an event with a specific and measurable deliverable, a start and finish date, and a desired budget):
- Introduce yourself to your peers by sharing something unique about your background. Explain how you expect this course will help you move forward in your current or future career.
- Describe the event you planned.
- Summarize the things that went well and things that went wrong, such as unexpected risks, unplanned delays, or extra costs incurred.
- Be sure to reference some of the key project manager skills covered from the chapter.
- Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts.