Summary. The point of this assessment is that you reflect back on the Wix website and Community Project that you created together with your group and submitted in Week 11. This reflection should be in the format of the report and include the sections indicated below. To pass this assignment, you need not only to reflect on your group's website and community project but, most importantly, link it back to your understanding of the broader themes of the unit that you studied in Weeks 1 to 11 in the lectures and tutorials. In other words, you need to show how your group's website and community project make use of the key ideas, terms and theories that you studied through the lectures and set readings.
Your report should be 1000 words (+/- 10%) and employ at least five scholarly readings set for the unit, not including those that you have used in the previous assignments. In other words, you should not use readings from your Week 3 presentation and literature reviews.
You are allowed and recommended to use the weekly readings for the unit (from Weeks 1 to 11). However, you are also encouraged to search for the academic readings yourself, if you are interested in a certain concept or idea from the unit and want to reflect on it in more details. You should employ all the readings in the text of your report through direct quotations and paraphrases.
Structure of the report. Your report should include a formally written discussion comprising the following sections. Sections 2–5 of your report, where feasible and reasonable, should each be supported with at least one academic (scholarly) reading, and you should employ at least five academic readings altogether.
YOU SHOULD INCLUDE THE SECTION TITLES IN YOUR REPORT - AS PER THE TEMPLATE (ATTACHED)
• Executive summary of the report
• Section 1: The social challenge/issue and geographical community you have been working on
• Section 2: How needs-based or Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) was used in your project and website
• Section 3: How your simulated project sought to Build the Capacity of the specific community being targeted and an articulation of the community approach being applied through your project and website;
• Section 4: How Social Capital, and/or Sustainability, and/or Ethical Principles were considered in relation to your project and website (you can choose one out of the three topics if you feel it is most relevant to your project and website)
• Section 5: Website design and content, including choice of information for the website, the way that this information is presented (ie. the intellectual "pitch", the tone, the language you use to convey ideas), visual design and multimedia (pictures, videos, hyperlinks, colour schema, animation) and online interactive tools used to create interactive online community via your website).
****Please find attached:*****
- Report template (to be used)
- Structure guidelines (please follow this)
- Marking criteria
- Examples of Reports used previously
- Week 3 lecture notes for Section 3