Trade and Tariffs
|Question # 46636
8 months ago
- There is often talk in the recent news about increasing tariffs on some imports. Watch your instructor's video, Incidence of a Tariff, to prepare for this week's discussion.
- Start your discussion by responding to these questions:
- When the United States puts tariffs on imports, who do you think ultimately pays these tariffs? Is it the foreign companies selling the import, American consumers, or both? Explain your answer.
- Is it good or bad for American consumers when the United States puts tariffs on imports?
- Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates' posts and discuss their explanation of who will ultimately pay these tariffs.