It is a known fact that sleep is important in order for us to thrive in our environment. There is research that seeks to understand how sleep affects our day-to-day activities.
Find a research article that describes one of the negative effects of being sleep deprived. Then write a report about this study, their methods, participants, and findings. Describe the study’s limitations as well as any future applications.
In the conclusion of the paper, you should indicate whether these findings have ever affected you, or someone you know, and what steps were taken to remedy the situation.
The Written Assignment should be 3-4 double spaced pages in length, not including title or reference pages. Make sure your assignment is APA format with double-spacing, Times New Roman, 12-point font, and 1” margins. Include citations and a list of references in APA format. Edit for spelling and grammar errors. You can get assistance with APA formatting at: https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_fo...
Here are some tips for reviewing a research paper. Follow these tips when you are reviewing any article in this class:
• From the introduction: what is the general topic that the article is addressing? What is the purpose of the research described in this article? What is the author(s) hypothesis/hypotheses?
• Briefly describe the methods: who were the participants? What did they have to do in this study? What were the measures that were collected? How was it collected?
• In general, what were the results of this study? (Don’t use numbers or describe statistics).
• What were the major conclusions of the study? What are the implications of this study, both in terms of future psychological research and understanding social behavior out in the “real world”? Make sure you don’t simply use the limitations described in the study—come up with your own.
• In your opinion, what are the strengths and limitations of this research? Could there have been modifications in the way the study was conducted? What kind of “tips” would you have given the researchers with what you know?
• Form a conclusion about the value of the study. How does it apply to our world today? Was it valuable and/or informative? How did it enhance the way you view current or historical experiences/events?
Spielman, R., Dumper, K., Jenkins, W., Lacombe, A., Lovett, M. & Perlmutter, M. (2017). Psychology. OpenStax College, Rice University. Download for free at https://openstax.org/details/books/psychology