In this task, you are required to develop a Community Action Plan for the issue you identified and researched in Part 1, Question 7 of the Knowledge Assessment for this Cluster. You will need to develop the Community Action Plan in consultation with your workplace supervisor and submit it along with the Third Party Report below. Please organise a meeting with your supervisor as soon as possible to discuss the following:
• Why this issue is important for the service and the clients they serve and why it needs to be addressed as priority.
• The resources you will need to develop the action plan.
• Stakeholders you will need to liaise with (co-workers; clients; other local services).
• Potential problems that could arise.
• How the plan will be evaluated.
Please access the INDIGO Document Centre to download the Action Plan Template from the “Forms” folder (Also on the OLS: CHCADV001/CHCCDE003/CHCCSM005 > Assessments).
Before choosing the community development project for this assessment, consider the following restrictions you may face:
- Your project must support the vision and aims of any overarching Community Development Plans in your local area which may be managed by the local council or other organisations.
- You must have your supervisor’s support and the full backing of the management of the workplace.
- Your project may need to be one that is low cost or no cost to be feasible if there isn’t an opportunity to apply for funding.
- You will need to engage your creative thinking processes in working out how you can make the best use of the organisation's existing resources e.g. facilities, transport, staff, partnerships, etc.
Useful websites to look at:
Central Land Council
Australian Institute of Family Studies
As this is one question off an assignment and it is using the last assignment you completed