Digital poster [need in 24 hours]
|Question # 47888||Writing||4 months ago|
Purpose of assignment
Being a UH student comes great opportunities but so does responsibility. Specifically, the information you will use and generate yourself, and the important issues surrounding its use - such as professional ethics and plagiarism.
Ethics are the specific code of principles by which organisations function fairly and legally, and morals are your own personal principles as a responsible member of society. See UH graduate attributes
The University of Hertfordshire expects that staff, students and other individuals permitted to work in the University will, at all times, observe the highest standards of integrity in relation to any research work which is supported by the University and/or conducted on its premises (UH, 2019)
Assignment Brief - 1A - Digital Poster (Team)
As university students you have been asked to explain to someone considering a University education what Academic Integrity is and why it is important.
Questions to answer
1. What is Academic Integrity?
2. How to avoid plagiarism
3. When looking at the importance of crediting others please give an overview of Harvard Referencing,
Assignment Brief - 1B - A personal reflection
For this part of the assignment each group member is required to upload with a copy of the group poster presentation a 2 minute personal reflection video. This should incorporate the following:
1. Your learnings and insights gained
2. Strengths and development areas within this subject
3. What actions you will take as a result
This will also help to inform your final assignment - Part 3 'A reflective Report and PDP'.
1. Work in groups of 3 to create a digital poster/infographic answering the above questions 1-3. Groups will be assigned by your tutor within your tutorials.
2. A group log of meetings should be maintained throughout, using the provided template (word version) or Canvas Group areas
3. Use the digital tool of your choice e.g. PowerPoint, Canva or Google slides. Save the final document as a pdf.
4. Expected word count 350 words (+/- 10%)
5. Each member of the group will also provide a 2-minute individual video in support of your poster identifying your key learnings on this subject to date. i.e. your own reflection
Students should consult a wide variety of sources identified by themselves. A combination of text and graphics should be used to communicate the findings.
In-text referencing must be evident on the poster and a Reference List should be presented in the same document.
For example, Slide 1 – the poster face, Slide 2 – reference list.
A 2 Page PDF is the final group submission document: Page 1 is the poster, page 2 is the reference list.
A 2 minute video is the final individual submission document.
**Each student should upload both documents**
6. Any specific instructions:
DO NOT use first person in the poster, for example, ‘I’; We; etc. You can use these in your video overlay.
DO NOT use contracted form in written work, for example: haven’t, doesn’t and so on. Use ‘have not’, ‘does not’ and so on.
Referencing on the poster and an accurate list of references is compulsory. Use Harvard referencing.
At least 6 different sources are required.
Cheating, plagiarism, collusion and other academic misconduct will be directed to the Academic Conduct Officer
You must submit one electronic copy via Canvas (Studynet) of your group poster AND your individual video.
Some useful resources:
Teamwork Principles and Guidelines
CASE tips for presenting an effective poster
Performance will be assessed using Grading Criteria for Group Poster with Individual Reflection Sept 2022.pdf
Design/structure – 10%
Harvard Referencing – 10%
Content and findings – 40%
Group log - 5%
Team feedback - 5%
Individual video– 30