PUBH6000: Social Determinants of Health [Assessment 3: Case Study Report ]
|Question # 47908||Writing||6 months ago|
ASSESSMENT 3 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title
PUBH6000: Social Determinants of Health
Assessment 3: Case Study Report –Recommendations on Health Inequities and Health Inequalities for Disadvantaged Populations
1,500 words (+/- 10%)
The Subject Learning Outcomes demonstrated by successful completion of the task below include:
a) Critically examine principles of public health, and the interpret the stakeholders’ roles in addressing health inequalities and inequities
b) Critically analyse the impact of potential social determinants on the health outcomes of different populations.
c) Critically analyse health outcomes in disadvantaged populations
d) Explore and apply conceptual frameworks/models into public health practice
Submission (12 week delivery)
Due: Sunday Week 11 at 11:55pm (AEST/AEDT).
Submission (6 week delivery)
Due: Sunday Week 7 at 11:55pm (AEST/AEDT)
This assessment requires you to demonstrate the knowledge gained within this subject on the social determinants of health, specifically as they relate to the given case scenario. As public health practitioners you will be required to engage with multiple stakeholders to develop health interventions and engage in learning opportunities to promote the health and well-being of the community. This assessment allows you to demonstrate ability to integrate your critical thinking with existing evidence and apply theory and model of health intervention to propose recommendations for public health practice to address key social determinants raised in the scenario. This assessment also provides you with the opportunity to examine the role of stakeholders (including multidisciplinary teams) in addressing health inequality and inequity in the population. Use the same case scenario for Assessment 2.
Assessment 3 builds on Assessment 2 based on the given case scenario previously provided for assessment 2. You are required to write a 1500 words (+/-10) report applying public health conceptual frameworks and propose recommendations to address health inequities and health inequalities in the given population in the case scenario. In addition to submitting assessment 3, you are required to provide another 200 words of learning journal demonstrating your experience in learning further information and references for Assessment 3.
1. Review the given case scenario provided by your Learning Facilitator for Assessment 2
2. Perform in-depth analysis to identify at least three key social determinants that are relevant to health inequities and inequalities in the given scenario.
3. Use the given assessment 3 template to develop your case study report
4. Critically propose the evidence-based recommendations for health interventions to improve health inequities and health inequalities among the given population by addressing the key social determinants in the given scenario context
5. Explain the relevant and specific stakeholders that could be involved in your health intervention and critically explain their contributions to your health intervention
6. Reflect on your experience in learning further information and references to complete the assessment.
7. Provide at least 10 academic acceptable references to support your assignment and using APA 7th edition referencing style
NOTE: It is compulsory to use the assessment template provided for Assessment 3.
· Use the given template for assessment 2
· Include a title page that states:
· Your student identification number;
· Word count (excluding the reference list);
· Your lecturer/learning facilitator; and
· An academic integrity declaration
· In relation to formatting, ensure that your paper uses:
· APA 7th version referencing style; Page numbers;
· Font style: Arial, Tahoma
· A font size of 11-points minimum
Submit your assessment via the Assessment 3 link available on the Assessment page. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via the Grade Centre in the Blackboard portal. Feedback can be viewed in My Grades.
Academic Integrity Declaration
I declare that except where I have referenced, the work I am submitting for this assessment task is my own work. I have read and am aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure viewable online at http://www.torrens.edu.au/policies-and-forms
I am aware that I need to keep a copy of all submitted material and their drafts, and I will do so accordingly.
Assessment Rubric is in the attached pdf file please check rubric, and please follow High Distinction(Exceptional) 85-100%. Because i need A++ quality work. if i get A+ grade, i will give you more assignments.