write PowerPoint presentation on public speaking [8 slides]
|Question # 47995||Writing||5 months ago|
Assignment Details Interpersonal Communication-McLean
Week 7 PowerPoint Presentation
Week 8 PowerPoint Evaluation
The following are the best practices for creating your speech presentation:
• Title Slide: Include the title, audience (who you prepared the presentation for: school or institution), the presenter who prepared and narrated, and the date.
• Attention-Getter: Give the audience a reason to pay attention. Make them want to listen to your speech.
• Thesis: Clearly state the purpose of your presentation
O (On this slide, establish the tone of the presentation and include any questions you think your audience might have about your topic - questions you will answer during your presentation).
• Body of the Presentation (multiple slides): Include the information you found during your research and organize it in a visually pleasing manner.
o Use some type of division like levels of headers or titles.
o Use words and phrases to clarify key points.
O Provide researched evidence for each point.
o Cite your evidence, quotes, and statistics within your presentation using
o in-text citations ( ) on the slides as well as full reference citations on the
o last slide.
o Include images to add visual appeal to the slides.
• Summary and Conclusion: Summarizing is similar to paraphrasing but presents the gist of the material in fewer words than the original. An effective summary identifies the main ideas and major support points from the body of your outline or presentation. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of the ideas and how they affect the thesis statement of the outline and main objective of the presentation. End with a final strong statement regarding the intent of the presentation.
• References: Use the APA citation format. The illustrations should be included with your resources. APA tutorials are available in the Chamberlain University library. Keep in mind the following:
0 At least 4 authoritative, outside scholarly sources are required from Week 6 outline, (Anonymous authors or web pages are not acceptable.)
0 Appropriate citations within the presentation are required on the last slide. Just copy and paste this from the last page of your outline - the References page. References should be in APA format.
o Each resource should be entirely double spaced.
o All entries must use hanging indents - the first line is flush left. and all the rest are indented.
o All Chamberlain University policies are in effect including the plagiarism policy.
• Use a minimum of 5 visual aids to further clarify and support the written part of your presentation. You could use example graphs. diagrams. photographs, flowcharts, maps, drawings, pictograms, tables, and Gantt charts. If a slide appears boring, then strongly consider adding a visual. It is the blend of text and images that make the slides engaging for the audience.
• Animation and video clips should not be used for this speech. YouTube is not allowed.
• Do not type out text onto the slide and then read it during your presentation. Remember, you are the teacher, so teach, don't read!
Presentation Requirements (APA format)
• Time Length: 5-7 minutes
• Slide Length: minimum of 8 slides
• Slide Content
o Title slide
o Body of the Presentation
o Summary and Conclusion
O References slide (minimum of 4 scholarly sources from Week 6 outline)
• Minimum of 5 visual aids
This activity will be graded based on W7 Presentation Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 3