By now you should have begun working on Assignment 3: Situation Analysis, due in Week 10. You should have already selected your business and completed section one (Customers) and section two (Company) in the Week 10 Assignment: Situation Analysis Template.
- Review the course guide for the assignment instructions and grading rubric to understand the expectations and budget your time accordingly.
- Use the following template for this assignment: Week 10 Assignment: Situation Analysis Template [DOCX].
- Download this template to your computer and Save As using the following identifier: LastName_FirstName_Week10_Assignment.
This week, we will focus on the third section (Competitors), the fourth section (Collaborators), and the fifth section (Recommendations) of the assignment template. These sections deal with what the company/brand needs to become.
For additional help with these sections of the template, review chapters 16 and 17 in your textbook.
Who are the main competitors?
- Examine the direct competitors.
- Discuss what your competition offers that your business/brand does not offer.
- Examine why their customers are purchasing from each competitor and not from you.
Who are your collaborators? Define all business partnerships.
- Discuss the company/brand’s current partnerships. Create a new partnership you think may be good for the business/brand to undertake and discuss why you suggest this partnership.
- Be sure to be specific with the current partnership and discuss the partnership. For example, you can discuss if it is working or not and if you think the business should keep or discard this partnership.
- Get creative for your proposed partnership. Think about the current customers and their wants/needs/desires and consider a partnership you think they need to undertake to better serve the customers. Be specific with naming your partner and discuss why you think this partnership would work for the business and its customers.
- NOTE: Leading Competitors will NOT partner up.
- Create three (3) key recommendations regarding the future direction of the company and discuss each recommendation in at least two substantive sentences, being sure to discuss why you have created each strategy and why you think each should be undertaken.
- Be sure to list out your Recommendations, then after the recommendation, talk about it in at least two substantive sentences. Discuss the benefits the business would gain from each recommendation.
Watch Dr. Tracy's videos in the playlist below to help you with the Week 10 Assignment: