WEEK 10 ASSIGNMENT: THE COLLABORATORS, THE COMPETITORS, AND THE RECOMMENDAT
|Question # 48192||Marketing||3 weeks ago|
PREPARE - WEEK 10 ASSIGNMENT: THE COLLABORATORS, THE COMPETITORS, AND THE RECOMMENDATIONSBy now you should have begun working on Assignment 3: Situation Analysis, due in Week 10. You should have already selected your business and completed section one (Customers) and section two (Company) in the Week 10 Assignment: Situation Analysis Template.
This week, we will focus on the third section (Competitors), the fourth section (Collaborators), and the fifth section (Recommendations) of the assignment template. These sections deal with what the company/brand needs to become.For additional help with these sections of the template, review chapters 16 and 17 in your textbook.
- Review the course guide for the assignment instructions and grading rubric to understand the expectations and budget your time accordingly.
- Use the following template for this assignment: Week 10 Assignment: Situation Analysis Template [DOCX].
- Download this template to your computer and Save As using the following identifier: LastName_FirstName_Week10_Assignment.
CompetitorsWho are the main competitors?
- Examine the direct competitors.
- Discuss what your competition offers that your business/brand does not offer.
- Examine why their customers are purchasing from each competitor and not from you.
CollaboratorsWho are your collaborators? Define all business partnerships.
- Discuss the company/brand’s current partnerships. Create a new partnership you think may be good for the business/brand to undertake and discuss why you suggest this partnership.
- Be sure to be specific with the current partnership and discuss the partnership. For example, you can discuss if it is working or not and if you think the business should keep or discard this partnership.
- Get creative for your proposed partnership. Think about the current customers and their wants/needs/desires and consider a partnership you think they need to undertake to better serve the customers. Be specific with naming your partner and discuss why you think this partnership would work for the business and its customers.
- NOTE: Leading Competitors will NOT partner up.
Watch Dr. Tracy's videos in the playlist below to help you with the Week 10 Assignment:
- Create three (3) key recommendations regarding the future direction of the company and discuss each recommendation in at least two substantive sentences, being sure to discuss why you have created each strategy and why you think each should be undertaken.
- Be sure to list out your Recommendations, then after the recommendation, talk about it in at least two substantive sentences. Discuss the benefits the business would gain from each recommendation.
Week 10 Assignment - Situation AnalysisIn this assignment, you will create an original situation analysis for one of four companies/brands. Each of the four companies you will choose from has been through numerous changes in recent years.
- Download the Week 10 Assignment: Situation Analysis Template [DOCX] to your computer and Save As using the following identifier: LastName_FirstName_Week10_Assignment.
- Select one company/brand from the four choices below:
- Mitsubishi Mirage
- Vision: Create a vibrant society by realizing the potential of mobility.
- Provide new experiences for our customers with creative products and service excellence.
- Make positive contributions to the sustainable development of our society.
- Act sincerely as a trusted company.
- Enhance stakeholder value by leveraging the Alliance.
- MSI Technology and Gaming
- Vision: As a world leader in high-end solutions, MSI is unwaveringly committed to cutting-edge innovation and aesthetic design that not only fulfill customer needs across industries but also create extraordinary experiences.
- Mission: MSI is dedicated to empowering global gamers, creators and business elites with best-in-class solutions engineered to satisfy their every need.
- Vision: Serve our customers better, to always be relevant in their lives, and to form lifelong relationships.
- Mission: Provide outstanding service every day, one customer at a time. A further focus is provided to Nordstrom employees at all levels with this Nordstrom goal, which is also a management mission. We work hard to make decisions in the best interest of our customers and those serving them.
- Rogaine is the first topical brand approved by the FDA to help regrow hair in both men and women. With more than 20 years of results and numerous clinical trials, Rogaine is the industry-leading and #1 dermatologist-recommended brand for hair regrowth.
- Rogaine helps regrow hair for less than a dollar a day without undergoing costly surgical or laser hair replacement procedures.
- Mitsubishi Mirage
- Use this information as well as your own knowledge and research, to complete the Situation Analysis template. Additional research should include the use of the company's website, the course textbook, and other online sources. Note: Do your own assessment of the business, do not go to the company website and copy their analysis.
- Submit the completed template by clicking the title to this assignment.
Formatting RequirementsThis course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Complete a situation analysis for a company.