500 - 600 Words Essay
After completing this assignment, you will develop the following transferable skills: critical thinking, apply knowledge/skills to real-world settings, and ability to communicate through writing
and answer the questions above in essay form with paragraphs and complete sentences. Use a word processor like Microsoft Word to write it. The essay must be 500-600 words. Your name and title are not included in the word count.
Use correct grammar and spelling. A point will be subtracted if errors in spelling and grammar are distracting.
- What decisions did you make that you might not have made under these circumstances?
- Spending on items that I could've budgeted better. Being able to finance better in my spending habits.
- What lesson/fact did you learn that most surprised you?
- I never realized how important it was to have a budget for your monthly expenses like groceries, gas, rent, bills, etc. I never really sat down to do my calculations of all my expenses including tuition..
- How is what you learned from this simulation related to the way(s) the US finances health care?
- I have learned that health insurance is expensive for many people in the U.S. they prefer to be without health insurance because they are not able to afford it. The majority of the people are living paycheck to paycheck to afford the bills and rent. I personally can relate to the health insurance being high..my current employer pays for my own health insurance..but since I have my daughter I have to be able to afford the family health benefits offered. Not many companies offer affordable health plans which makes some employees look elsewhere for the benefits needed.
- In what way(s) does living paycheck to paycheck impact a family's health?
- I believe that living paycheck to paycheck impacts a family's health in many ways. Sometimes people are not able to afford the medications they need due to the prices being so high. Nowadays people can only afford important necessities. Most people can either afford the rent and bills only but not afford health insurance so they prefer to have no health insurance. Causing this an issue for the children and the parents.. not having health insurance due to the household income can be stressful for the parents they can feel like they cannot provide a healthy life for their children.