PUBH6206 Assessment 2: Develop a Health Promotion Plan
|Question # 48294||Writing||1 month ago|
ASSESSMENT 2 BRIEF
Subject Code and Title PUBH6206: Health Promotion and Community Health
Assessment Assessment 2: Develop a Health Promotion Plan
Length 2000 words (+/-10%)
This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes: This assessment addresses the following learning outcomes:
a) Critically analyse health promotion principles theories at the level of prevention.
b) Apply the principles of the Ottawa Charter to develop health promotion interventions in diverse communities.
d) Apply health promotion principles, theoretical frameworks, and strategies to health promotion intervention for diverse communities.
e) Critically analyse the concepts of community capacity building and empowerment within health promotion interventions
Submission Assessment Due: Sunday of week 8 at 11:55pm AEST/AEDT
Total Marks 100 marks
Public Health promotion programs are designed to improve the health of their target community. Effective public health promotion programs are the cornerstone to good population health. The success of these programs depends upon multiple factors, such as, understanding the target community, assessing the needs of that community, and applying the knowledge for needs assessment of the given community. These skills are essential for public health professionals to develop effective and sustainable programs for in their chosen field. This assessment will give student the opportunity to plan a health promotion program in an area of their interest by applying their knowledge of community public health, community engagement and application of health promotion theories and frameworks.
Students are required to write the health promotion program plan of 2000 words (+/- 10%) in length. Students are required to follow the instructions on how to develop their plan. You will be provided with a list of communities and health issues by your Learning Facilitator. You can choose one of health issue and ne community to develop a specific health promotion plan. Support your point of view with the credible evidence sources.
1. Choose one community and one selected health issue from the list provided by your Learning Facilitator.
2. Identify the social determinants of selected health issue in the chosen community (such as age, gender, culture, lifestyle, socioeconomic status), the burden of disease and the significant impacts on health of the chosen community.
3. Assess the community needs based on identified social determinant of health within the context of the chosencommunity and selected non-communicable disease.
4. Use the assessment 2 template to develop your health promotion plan.
5. Propose a health promotion program plan to be implemented in the chosen community to addressthe selected health issues. You are required to apply theory and conceptual framework of health promotion at an appropriate level(s)- primary, secondary or tertiary level.
6. Develop health promotion plan by applying one or more of the Ottawa Charter strategies as a framework for your program based on the needs and context of the chosencommunity.
7. You are required to explain the stages of program development, use the assessment 2 template to develop your health promotion plan
8. Explain how your program will be monitoring and evaluated by using the template.
9. Critically explain timeframe and milestones of your program by using a Gantt chart provided in the assessment 2 template
10. Provide at least 10 references to support your assignment and using APA 7th edition referencing style
· Use the given template for assessment 2
· Include a title page that states:
· Your health promotion program title (provide the specific title of your program);
· Your student identification number;
· Word count (excluding the reference list);
· Your lecturer/learning facilitator; and
· An academic integrity declaration
· In relation to formatting, ensure that your paper uses:
· APA 7th version referencing style; Page numbers;
· A font size of 11-points minimum
Figures and tables
All figures and tables added in the assignment should be relevant and be discussed in the text body. Any figures and tables derived from other works must be presented with citation using APA 7th style
Submit this task via the Assessment task 2 link in the Assessment area in PUBH6206: Health Promotion and Community Health. The Learning Facilitator will provide feedback via theGrade Centre in the LMS portal.
Feedback can be viewed in My Grades. Academic Integrity Declaration Individual assessment tasks:
I declare that except where I have referenced, the work I am submitting for this assessment task is my ownwork. I have read and am aware of Torrens University Australia Academic Integrity Policy and Procedure viewable online at http://www.torrens.edu.au/policies-and-forms
I am aware that I need to keep a copy of all submitted material and their drafts, and I will do so accordingly.
Assessment Rubric please check attached file for rubric. please follow High Distinction (Exceptional) 85-100% because I need high grade and please i need plagiarism free work so don't copy my university is too strict so be careful.
And the topic is : Health & safety in workplace - Hospital