- College level transition + restate thesis in different words
- Transition + 2 sentences that summarize ideas in body paragraph #1
- Transition + 2 sentences that summarize ideas in body paragraph #2
- Transition + 2 sentences that summarize ideas in body paragraph #3
- Additional ending strategies like full circle, new quote or question, prediction or advice
- Last sentence in your own words
- Interesting hook
- Explain the hook and relate it to the idea of addiction.
- Next talk about your three addictions [explaining a little of what they are and why people suffer from them]. You should paraphrase information here but still be sure to give credit to your source, so use a signal phrase since this is the first time you have mentioned this source. This is about 6 sentences.
- Use a transition and relate the idea of addiction to habits as well as Duhigg and his book [giving book title and information about Duhigg signal phrase] - 2 or 3 sentences, remember to define terms.
- Thesis statement and that people suffer from addictions 1, 2, 3 but there is hope for them to change and have a better life.
Title of the Essay: ____