- CLO #1:
Examine ethical values and principles inherent in healthcare.
- CLO #2:
Appraise legal requirements for healthcare organizations.
- CLO #3:
Defend elements of tort law, malpractice, and risk management in health
- CLO #5:
Analyze the healthcare administrator/manager's role in preventing and
managing legal and ethical incidents in a healthcare organization
select a contemporary topic of healthcare law or ethics.
- Here are some ideas of topics:
- Physician-assisted suicide
- Whistleblower protection
- Prisoners receiving and donating organs
- Withdrawal of life support
- Rights of minors to refuse life-saving healthcare
- Do NOT select the ACA, EMTALA, or
- You are not
restricted to the above list. Feel free to contact me if you have a
question about a specific topic not on this list.
an APA-formatted paper of at least 6 pages (plus cover page and reference
page of at least 5 scholarly sources).
- Thoroughly describe the topic.
- Make sure your description also includes relevant
legal concepts addressed in this course/text.
- What are factors IN FAVOR OF this
- What are factors IN OPPOSITION OF this
- Find a court case about this topic from within the
past 5-10 years; identify and describe the case. What was the outcome?
- What is your stance
on the outcome of the case and the topic/issue; justify
- Professional and Social Responsibility
- Ethical Conduct and
- Laws and Regulations
Due on Sep 24, 2023 11:59 PM