Congratulations! You did it!
You've worked very hard to write your Research Paper, an argument essay that focuses on preserving an important facet of San Diego's story. And now after completing the following steps, you're finally done!
To accomplish this task, you . . .
- chose your topic
- researched information about it
- created a preliminary outline
- created an advanced outline
- wrote the first draft
- received peer reviews to help you revise
- did a self-evaluation
- revised and edited
Be proud of your hard work!
When writing research papers in the future, I hope you'll utilize some or all of these steps to break down the larger task into manageable steps. I hope you found this process useful!
- 5-6 pages (minimum of 6 paragraphs, including an introduction, 4 body paragraphs, and conclusion). ***The Works Cited page is not counted in the minimum number of pages.
- Start with an introductory paragraph that begins with a hook and provides relevant background information to catch the reader’s attention.
- Develop at least 4 body paragraphs that incorporate quoted and detailed evidence from at least 5 outside sources while using proper MLA format for all citations.
- Quoted evidence should be incorporated thoughtfully and thoroughly into the essay by establishing context, introducing the quoted passages, and explaining how the passages support the main ideas of the body paragraphs and the essay as a whole.
- Carefully consider whether the source material should be a direct quote or a paraphrase.
- Include a Works Cited page that includes ALL the sources you used in your essay. (Be sure to clear out any sources you didn't end up using)
- Provide logical transitions between paragraphs that guide your reader.
- (Essays without a Works Cited page will earn a zero)
Submitting Your Assignment
- Please save the assignment as a .docx or PDF.
- Click the +Submit Assignment link located in the right-hand column of the course window.
- Click the Choose File
- Navigate to your document and select it.
- Click the Submit Assignment
- Click on Turnitin SimCheck
Please select the "more" icon in the upper right hand corner of this page to show the grading rubric for this assignment. If accessing this course by using the Canvas Student App, you will not see the icon. Instead, please use the menu to locate the rubric